Youtube to mp3 converter volume

I have used the youtube to mp3 converter and transferred a beat from youtube onto the audacity platform, for some reason, when I play the beat on youtube it plays with normal volume but when I play the beat over audacity, it makes my headphones sound like they are about to explode; like they have that “blown speaker” sound every time there is bass. How can I fix this issue?

1 Like

when I play the beat on youtube it plays with normal volume but when I play the beat over audacity, it makes my headphones sound like they are about to explode; like they have that “blown speaker” sound every time there is bass.

How about when you play it in Windows Media Player (or whatever player software you normally use)?

I’d guess it’s a problem with “YouTube to MP3 Converter”.

If it’s simply “too loud” you can run the Amplify or Normalize effect to bring-down the volume. (Audacity has already pre-scanned your file so with either of these effects so you can just accept the defaults and they will automatically bring the volume up-or-down.)

Do you have the volume inside YouTube set all the way up? If it’s not all the way up then it’ll sound quieter when played in YouTube, but the actual MP3 that you download from it is going to be played at full volume regardless of the YouTube volume setting.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue myself. I believe the converter was the problem, as DVDdoug had mentioned since everything worked fine when I changed it. I suggest checking this article on YouTube to MP3 to find alternatives to the converter you are using now. I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Interesting. I didn’t even consider that possibility.

I’ve always used a “converter” that either downloads the video (with audio) and extracts the audio track from it (with ffmpeg’s -c:a copy option) or downloads just the audio track. (YouTube typically has each video and audio in multiple formats, where some are just video or just audio, and the player picks which one(s) to play depending on stuff like your preferred quality setting and available Internet bandwidth. I currently prefer Opus for its openness and high quality to size ratio, if it’s available.)

Either way, the MP3 (or AAC or Opus or whatever) file has identical audio data to what YouTube serves up when you play a video on the site.

As christop stated, some converters actually download the whole video and manually extract the audio with a tool like FFmpeg. Sometimes it’s used with a “bad” setting that alters the audio in some way. I use TubeMP3, which simply downloads the audio directly from Youtube and converts it to MP3. It’s quick and sounds great.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+mp3+adware+OR+malware