Flute note not recorded after about 1.8 seconds

First and foremost let me say that I appreciate Audacity!!
Using Audacity 2.3.3 with windows 8.1 and Audacity 2.3.2 with windows 10, recorded flute notes held longer than about 1.8 seconds are attenuated. Audacity 2.2.2 on my Vista machine seems like it will record the note forever. Can anyone please help me to understand this???

Automatic voice processing sees any sounds longer than a set time as interference and gets rid of it. This is not dreadful if you’re trying to be heard in a multi-point Skype or Zoom, but as you’re finding, it hates music.

Windows can do this by itself, or communications or conferencing programs can leave that filter running by accident after they close down.

Aaaaaand. I can’t find the instructions. Use the Windows speaker in the lower right to drill down to the Windows Sound Control Panels (or get there however you want). Turn off any effects, filters, or processes you don’t recognize.

If you leave Skype, Zoom , or other program like that running in the background, stop.

Koz

There it is.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/faq_recording_troubleshooting.html#enhancements

Koz

Hello Kozikowski,

Thank you very much for the explanation. I will study the windows sound control information that you sent.

Joe DiSilvestro
PHX, AZ