Dynamic Range Audio File

Hi Guys
I need your help

I’ve a music file…a PCM 44100 Hz 16 bit 14111 kbp (It’s a .WAV)
I took a look at DR with a Software (TT Dynamic Range Meter)
I’ve 13 DR
High Peak 0,03 DB
RMS -14.5 DB

the screenshots

Is 13 DB too low as DR?
From the waveform that you can see, I can’t increase More because because I am at risk of clipping…I’m close to 0 basicallu…O,03
wwww.jpg
ffffff.jpg

I can send Link where you can listen .WAV of the track
Thanks
https://we.tl/t-KDAJ7QbYV7

There are no cast iron rules for what the dynamic range should be. If it sounds right to you, then it is right.

I’d like to see if I can improve…
How do I figure out the highest peak and the lowest peak, how many decibels exactly match?

I ask to Mods if is possible to move the topic in the Thread “making music with audacity”
Thanks

How do I figure out the highest peak and the lowest peak, how many decibels exactly match?

The lowest peak usually very low and meaningless.

A quick way to check the peaks is to run the Amplify effect. Audacity has already pre-scanned your file and Amplify will default to whatever gain is needed for 0dB peaks. For example, if Amplify defaults to +1dB, your current peak is -1dB.

The optional [u]ACX Check plug-in[/u] will give you the peak & RMS levels. The peak-to-RMS radio is called “Crest Factor” and some people use it to measure dynamic range, but it’s not the best way to do it.

There is more than one way to measure & define “dynamic range”. For example a song can have a quiet first half or a quiet section, or it can have constant overall volume and shorter-term dynamics such as loud drum hits or accents. Short-term peaks don’t sound as loud as longer-term “loud” parts (multiple peaks in-a-row in the waveform).

The TT Dynamic Range Meter is famous for being misleading. It may measure crest factor or something close to crest factor. I think it counts short-term peaks as “loud” even though our ears don’t necessarily perceive them as loud. MP3 compression usually makes some peaks louder and some peaks lower (without affecting the sound of the dynamics) so the MP3 may “measure” more dynamic than the original.

[u]dPmeter4[/u] works in Audacity and it can give you the UBU R128 Loudness and [u]Loudness Range[/u]. EBU R128 Loudness Range isn’t “perfect” but it is an international standard.