Removing binaural beats / brainwave entrainment

Hello experts!

As the subject title indicates, I’d like to know whether embedded binaural beats or brainwave entrainment frequencies can be removed from recording simply by using Tracks > Mix > Mix Stereo To Mono?

And if so, is this the same function as using Audio Track > Split Stereo To Mono then deleting either the L or R channels?

Also It seems to me that the Mix option would melded everything into a central / mono “channel”, thus preserving more of the actual music (hopefully minus the binuarals), whereas the latter would only preserve the music information that was recorded in L or R?

No, it’s different.
“Tracks > Mix > Mix Stereo To Mono” will give you a mix of the two channels, whereas “Audio Track > Split Stereo To Mono then deleting either the L or R channels” will give you just one of the channels.

Either of them will remove the stereo effect, but mixing to mono will still have the beating (but now in mono). Splitting to mono and deleting one track should remove the beating.

Either of them will remove the stereo effect, but mixing to mono will still have the beating

Many thanks for your advice.

I converted the file to mono as a precaution. I couldn’t hear any beating to start with, but sometimes the effect is very subtle, there is definitely no beating now.

I strongly dislike binaural beats for health reasons and I wasn’t sure if the recording contained these frequencies, as the music contains a distincitve synth chord / underlying sustain right through the entire 35 minute track. Sustains are were people usually subtley embed or ‘hide them’; nowadays a lot of producers don’t bother to mention they have been used, so I put myself at risk if this is case.

So regardless of the 2 approaches, when the recording is converted from stereo to mono, are we saying it is impossible for there to be a binaural effect as the Hz differences which rely on stereo have been nullified in the mono channel?

By definition “binaural” is a stereo effect (Binaural - Wikipedia).
You can still have “beats” in mono, but they are not “binaural”.

ya am also facing same challenge too.

The same challenge as what?