Using music generated commercially

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
rolo404
Operating System: Windows 10

Using music generated commercially

Post by rolo404 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:15 pm

Hello, I am devolping a computer game that is not going to be free. I am going to sell it.

My specific question is, obviouly, being myself who composses the music of the game, is it legal to use the audio tracks that I export fom this software in the game for free and sell the game containing the tracks?

Thanks in advance!

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Using music generated commercially

Post by steve » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Yes, the license allows Audacity to be used for producing non-free and commercial audio.
Full details regarding the license are available via the Audacity website: https://www.audacityteam.org/about/license/
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Post by Trebor » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:03 pm

rolo404 wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:15 pm
My specific question is, obviouly, being myself who composses the music of the game, is it legal to use the audio tracks that I export fom this software in the game for free and sell the game containing the tracks?
If your composition contains audio-samples which you did not create that may be a problem if you want to use your music in a commercial project, e.g.some sound-generating apps explicitly-forbid commercial-use of the sounds they produce.

Being modified in Audacity will not strip any intellectual-property-rights from sound.

rolo404
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by rolo404 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:08 am

Thank you! I'll take care to use a software that doesn' t forbid commercial-use of the sounds they produce to generate and record the audios, and then mix them in Audacity.