Can't find this free autotune plugin I had 1-3 years ago...

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
WorldofEmotion
Operating System: Windows 10

Can't find this free autotune plugin I had 1-3 years ago...

Post by WorldofEmotion » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 pm

Hello, everyone! So, long story short - my old computer died, and when I got to my new one, I realized I forgot to backup the files for Audacity's plugins. (Lesson learned, I can tell you.) As a result, I lost this free plugin I used before, and it's one I can't seem to find for the life of me. Unfortunately, the name of it escapes me.

It isn't Gsnap/Gverb, Kerovee/roVee, Graillion, Autotalent, Son of a Pitch, MAutoPitch or any of these. (In general, it likely isn't something that shows up easily on Google or, believe me, I would have found it.) It had a really simple interface, no fancy GUI or anything of the sort. You could choose from presets - something along the lines of "Male to Female," "Chorus," "Robotic," "Natural" and more. You could adjust how much of an effect you wanted.

Here's a mock-up I made of it in Photoshop from memory. It's not exact - I can't recall how many knobs there were or the shape of them - but it should look something like that. You can choose a preset, you can adjust the power of it among other things. It's simple-looking.

If memory serves correctly, the plugin didn't start with the letters A-D or X-Z. It may have been a Japanese-based plugin, but if you think this plugin sounds familiar and it isn't Japanese, please do run it by me.

In fact, if you know any free plugin/downloadable vst that sounds even remotely like this, please do tell me! I feel like I'm going crazy, looking for this thing. I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement for it yet, and I need it for a small job I'm doing. Can somebody please help me?

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: Can't find this free autotune plugin I had 1-3 years ago...

Post by Trebor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:03 pm

WorldofEmotion wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:45 pm
It had a really simple interface, no fancy GUI or anything of the sort ... It's simple-looking.
Possibly "AAS Autotune VST", (it's not very subtle though: its robotic)