Highlighting frequencies

How to identify and attenuate the frequencies that are standing out among the others?
What tools in Audacity should we use for possible fixes for this issue?

Thank you very much friends!

Perhaps you could give some context to your question to help us understand what you mean.

Identification: Sounds like a job for plot spectrum.
Attenuation: Graphic EQ

Audacity does not come with a tool to Automatically attenuate resonant frequencies,
but AutoEQ plugins are available which do that, e.g., Hornet-thirtyone works in Audacity on Windows.

Hi Trebor!

Thanks for the teaching.

the options
Identification: It looks like a job for plot spectrum.
Attenuation: Graphic EQ, seems ideal because they are already added to Audacity.

Unfortunately at the moment, I have little knowledge to understand these graphics and how to manipulate them.

For example, in the attached image of the analysis of a file I have, what are the frequencies that stand out and how to identify them exactly in the graphic equalizer and do the attenuation by the sliders?

Friendly hug!
Frequência.png

Your stand-out spikes, e.g. at ~7kHz,
are too narrow to be individually attenuated by Audacity’s Graphic EQ sliders.
However Audacity has spectral-editing tools which are capable of the precision …
https ://manual.audacityteam.org/man/spectral_selection.html#example

Hi Trebor!

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in the process, but from the attached graph how you identified this number: Your prominent peaks, for example, at ~7kHz?
How is this reading done? From what value should a frequency be attenuated?

Finally, why the plugin that I have attached as an example has an error when working in Audacity?

https://sevenphases.wordpress.com/spectrum-analyzer/

Thank you friend!

Currently only 32-bit plugins work in Audacity on Windows, even if your computer is 64-bit.
It will work in Audacity on Windows if you install the 32-bit (x86) version of the plugin …

sevenphases.gif
BTW the free version of Voxengo SPAN is a better spectrum-analyzer than that example.

There are two free analyser-equalizer combo plugins I know of which work in Audacity on Windows …
Cockos ReaEQ & TDR Nova.
They are not AutoEQ: you have to adjust the equalizer manually …
reaEQ.gif

Good morning (in Brazil) Trebor!

Once again I am immensely grateful for your help, you are really very professional.

I claim that the free version of Voxengo SPAN apparently was installed but it doesn’t appear in Audacity to activate in the Tools menu. The same thing happens with Spectrum Analyzer 32 bits that you sent the gif ie it installs but doesn’t appear in Audacity to activate in the Tools menu. What must I be doing wrong?

Regarding Cockos ReaEQ, when I click on the image to download I am taken to a sales page. Same thing happens with TDR Nova. From what I noticed on the website, they are for 64 bits. As you pointed out, Audacity only works 32-bit.

It seems that I’m out of luck with the process and if you can help me with this procedure, I would be very grateful!

I confess that, despite my efforts, I am a little knowledgeable about this subject and I am interested in learning.

Friendly hug!

You have to enable the plugin in the via the Audcaity plugin manager, only then does it appear in the effects menu …

Free pack of Cockos plugins (32-bit) … REAPER | ReaPlugs

There is a 32-bit version of TDR Nova in this zip-file download from the manufacturer …
https://www.tokyodawn.net/labs/Nova/2.1.4/TDR%20Nova%20(no%20installer).zip?x24775
Go to the “VST2” then “Win32” folders.

Hi Trebor!

You are a very helpful person, I am very grateful for your teachings.
Your plugin links were really worth it, I’ve already downloaded some and I’m studying how they work.

Strong hug, friend!

Audcaity has a Brazilian competitor … ocenaudio

OCENaudio is not as powerful as Audacity, but …
unlike Audacity, there is a 64-bit Windows version of OCENaudio which can run (some) 64-bit plugins.

Moderator update: Audacity is now 64-bit on Windows as well as Mac