Extract audio from CD (physical media)

Does Audacity have a tool or plugin to do the job described? That is, extract the audio tracks from a CD (physical media)?

Thank you very much!

Bad News: No.
Good News: Your Windows OS may have that function in its native media player …
https ://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_how_to_import_cds.html

The phrase that pays is “CD Ripper” software.

https://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/cd-ripping-software/

iTunes used to let me just click and “pull” a song from iTunes onto the desktop. Windows media may have tools like that.

Music on a CD isn’t “music.” It’s a digital bitstream with an indexing system. And, by the way, it doesn’t naturally have song titles. This was before MP3 and the goal was to smash as much music on a reliable optical disk as they could.

Koz

Hello everyone!
I am very happy for your teachings!
Is “CD Ripper” free?
For a viable alternative, I learned that the Windows Media Player that is incorporated into Windows 10 performed this job. I already did the job and it worked! I am providing a complete tutorial (in Portuguese), but the steps work correctly.
Another alternative would be to capture the audio from the CD in Audacity while it is playing.
You are profound experts on the subject.

Thank you very much!
Extrair faixas de áudio de um CD.pdf (448 KB)

Another alternative would be to capture the audio from the CD in Audacity while it is playing.

You can do that if everything else fails.

– It only works in real time. If you have an hour CD, it will take an hour to transfer—and you have to be there to stop it.

– It will not give you song breaks. The whole CD will come over as one song.

– If you capture the song via streaming audio, it may have the computer sounds, cues, and noises mixed in.

– You can’t do anything else on the computer while it’s working.

– if you capture external analog, you have to have right connections and cables, and it will pick up the noise and distortion of the analog system.

So yes, it does work, but it’s a lot of trouble for a poor quality transfer.

Koz