Quantize the audio

Hello everyone!

Could you please inform me if Audacity has a tool or plugin (or even a plugin from another developer) so that I can perform the audio quantization?

Thanks!

so that I can perform the audio quantization?

Say that again and use different words. What’s the goal? What’s the job?

Koz

What sort of “quantization”?

If you mean quantizing the rhythm so that beats match up with a time grid, then Audacity does not have that (Audacity does not have a time grid).

If you mean quantizing sample values, then that can be done in the Nyquist Prompt like this:

(setf steps 5) ;quantization steps
(quantize *track* steps)

hanks for the teaching!

Yes, I would like to synchronize the audio within the correct tempo of the rhythm so that it does not go ahead or delay within the beats ok.
I thought of a third-party plugin that could do this job.

Hug!

The closest that we have for Audacity, is to create labels to mark bars and beats, as an aid to lining up audio clips. See this post: Beat Per Minute labels

The label generator plug-in is a “Nyquist” plug-in. Up to date instructions for installing Nyquist plug-ins: https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_effect_generator_and_analyzer_plug_ins_on_windows.html#nyquist_install

A better solution might be to use a DAW (digital audio workstation) such as Reaper, Sonar, Cubase, Pro Tools, or similar, though these tend to be rather more complicated than Audacity.

First of all, I just have to thank this forum for the helpfulness, intelligence and professionalism of the administrators and users.

As you know, I am new here, although with an intermediate experience in Audacity. I don’t understand programming or command lines, so I don’t know how to use it.

I will always continue with Audacity because the software Reaper, Sonar, Cubase, Pro Tools or similar, besides not being free, are not viable for basic audio teaching in a music school that I work.

However, the steps you have guided me as the labels will already be a satisfactory alternative.

Hug and thanks friends!