PowerPoint with Audacity

I use PowerPoint with Audacity to create product marketing content. Much of the content is educational: concepts, demonstrations, and tutorials.

I make no claim to be an expert on this subject—in fact, I state the opposite: I am a beginner—but it occurs to me that educators might be interested in using PowerPoint with Audacity.

I’ve published an article on LinkedIn that describes my workflow in detail: “Single-source publishing from PowerPoint: videos, slides, articles”.

I like the points that you make about

1. Keeping high quality uncompressed versions of the recordings (this is something that we highly recommend for most use cases)
  2. Linking to the audio files so that you can update the audio without having to modify the PP.

Now that you have a taste for Open Source software, you may feel encouraged to investigate free alternatives to the Power Point, CorelDRAW and Acrobat.

Hi Graham! That is a very good article. Learnt a lot from it. Thank you. :smiley:

It’s unlikely that Graham will see your message as he’s not visited the forum for over a year.

steve wrote:

I like the points that you make about

1. Keeping high quality uncompressed versions of the recordings (this is
    something that we highly recommend for most use cases)
  2. Linking to the audio files so that you can update the audio without
    having to modify the PP.

Now that you have a taste for Open
Source
software, you may feel encouraged to investigate
free alternatives
to the Power Point, CorelDRAW and Acrobat.

Thanks for sharing some other alternatives as well.

OP, it’s super cool how you’re using Audacity in this way - never heard of it before!