Real-time EQ preview (+ non-destructive EQ adjustment)

This read-only archive contains discussions from the Adding Feature forum.
New feature request may be posted to the Adding Feature forum.
Technical support is available via the Help forum.

Re: Real-time EQ preview (+ non-destructive EQ adjustment)

Permanent link to this post Posted by 123har456 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Thanks Gale Andrews, I'm really interested in the notion of Saving Time;
. . . . . . . so my "suggestion" was to make sure the proofing Process = EQ or Amplify( odd Term, methinks), was deemed "correct" - Thereby avoiding going over it again . . . .
EQ + Presets may be Excellent for the correction-needed, but at some point the Audio needs to be "Passed as fit".

I noticed there is a feature that reviews some Pre-Selection, adding some extra time..... but it's not obvious and I don't recall where I saw it.( in version 2.12 )
A "good" idea would be the inclusion of a "Notepad" associated within the program - so we can record ideas ( shortcuts, etc. ) for our next project . . . and maybe Post them Here . . . . Perhaps regular-users of Audacity can suggest (less than a dozen), a few Subject-areas that would make searching easier for Early-users.

FWIW
I do quite a bit of Video-Editing and use a "Branding" Introduction sequence (+Titles) and this sets-up the Media bins, Layout, Extra tracks, and the Audio-level jingle, for the projectionist ( -12dB average ).
I include some Text-Boxes with a 50% Opacity, so they are visible but NOT part of the final movie ( by supression their Opacity ). These contain snipits of "useful info" as well as setting the Font and Shadow effects.... By using Copy/Paste these can be Re-used anywhere along the Timeline.... just erase the Text and insert the new wording required...
This saves having the onerous task of starting from scratch . . . whilst giving a degree of Uniformity to the "Brand".

I'll look into the Preset possibilities...thanks
123har456

Operating System: Windows 7

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Is there a FR to be teased out of here - or votes to be counted ?

Peter
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gale Andrews » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:47 pm

waxcylinder wrote:Is there a FR to be teased out of here - or votes to be counted ?

I noted four votes to prioritise EQ for real time preview.

LeeJames only mentions non-destructive features for EQ - he does not seem to be asking for a full non-destructive DAW like Reaper (not that Audacity is likely to become that anyway).

I think an "EQ track" like a Time Track or Envelope Track would do what he wants, leaving aside all questions of how it would work - a curve for each of five bands? So in the absence of any further input from Lee James I'll count a vote for an "EQ track".

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual
Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance

Operating System: Windows 10

Previous

Return to Feature Request Archive