Ping Pong effect

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x
Forum rules
This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
JimWho
Operating System: Windows 7

Ping Pong effect

Post by JimWho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 am

Here is my question: How do I cut a word from a track and place it in a new track. My issue is trying to suggest to a speaker that he uses too many " crutches" He works from a written text but embelishes using "Aaas", "you-know" and crutches like that, I want to create a track (L /R) with the cuts separated. The space in the master track will be left blank and the "crutch" placed in the new track.
I have no problem cutting but the master track snaps and I cannot seem to figure out how to paste in the same space on the new track. (It's not problem in a video editor but not in the audio editor). Jim :cry:

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: Ping Pong effect

Post by Trebor » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:22 am

JimWho wrote: I cannot seem to figure out how to paste in the same space on the new track.
Steve made a plugin called "Repair_Channel" which will do that ...
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyqui ... ir_Channel
You need to create a blank track to copy the selected sections into, and marry it to the original via "make stereo pair" ...
ping-pong.gif
click on this animation to see it in its entirety
ping-pong.gif (354.05 KiB) Viewed 616 times
JimWho wrote: The space in the master track will be left blank and the "crutch" placed in the new track
"Repair_Channel" won't silence (blank) the original sections, you'll have to do that manually.

How to install plugin ... http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Downl ... ns#install

JimWho

Post by JimWho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 am

Thanks Trebor, exactly what I was looking for. :D

JimWho

Post by JimWho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:57 am

It would be lovely if someone with programming skill could make a batch file to do all of those functions depicted in the GIF as maybe one or two strokes... I follow it and it works but, I have up to 25 "vocal crutches" to clean out of any 15 minute talk. (sermon). Cheers Jim :D