Ping Pong effect

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Ping Pong effect

Permanent link to this post Posted by JimWho » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:11 am

Here is my question: How do I cut a word from a track and place it in a new track. My issue is trying to suggest to a speaker that he uses too many " crutches" He works from a written text but embelishes using "Aaas", "you-know" and crutches like that, I want to create a track (L /R) with the cuts separated. The space in the master track will be left blank and the "crutch" placed in the new track.
I have no problem cutting but the master track snaps and I cannot seem to figure out how to paste in the same space on the new track. (It's not problem in a video editor but not in the audio editor). Jim :cry:
JimWho

Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Ping Pong effect

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:22 am

JimWho wrote: I cannot seem to figure out how to paste in the same space on the new track.

Steve made a plugin called "Repair_Channel" which will do that ...
http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Nyquist_Effect_Plug-ins#Repair_Channel
You need to create a blank track to copy the selected sections into, and marry it to the original via "make stereo pair" ...

ping-pong.gif
click on this animation to see it in its entirety
ping-pong.gif (354.05 KiB) Viewed 479 times

JimWho wrote: The space in the master track will be left blank and the "crutch" placed in the new track

"Repair_Channel" won't silence (blank) the original sections, you'll have to do that manually.

How to install plugin ... http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Download_Nyquist_Plug-ins#install
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Permanent link to this post Posted by JimWho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:53 am

Thanks Trebor, exactly what I was looking for. :D
JimWho

Permanent link to this post Posted by JimWho » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:57 am

It would be lovely if someone with programming skill could make a batch file to do all of those functions depicted in the GIF as maybe one or two strokes... I follow it and it works but, I have up to 25 "vocal crutches" to clean out of any 15 minute talk. (sermon). Cheers Jim :D
JimWho

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews