Bizarre delays and slow downs.in recording and playback.

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x

This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like

Bizarre delays and slow downs.in recording and playback.

Permanent link to this post Posted by Emerogork » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:22 pm

What could be clogging my system?

This is a computer that is effectively dedicated to this project and as I continue use this project, it is getting slower and slower. I wonder if a complete reformat of the disk drive is in order but hope it will not come to that.

On Saturdays, I record 15 hours of audio and again on Sunday and have been doing this for quite some time (years). I listen to the recordings during the week and then delete them. I have an incredible of disk space available. (532 GB free out of 915GB) The temp folder, according to preferences/directories is empty.

The longer I record, the slower the response. I don;t recall this happening at first but have been tolerating it lately. Now it is annoying. When I stop recording and save the track, it could take 30 - 40 minutes to complete the save. It is now slow just to change positions in the track.

Today, I have a 1 hour recording and it is very slow in response. As it is recording, the image stalls for minutes at a time then suddenly shows the wave form of what was being recorded during the stall. No audio is lost, it is just stops being displayed.

When I first started this project, none of these problems existed.
Does any of this point to any fix?
Emerogork

Operating System: Windows 10

Return to Audacity 2.x Feedback and Reviews