Where has the vocal eq preset gone?

Feedback and Reviews for Audacity 2.x
Forum rules
This board is ONLY for general feedback and discussion about Audacity 2.X.

If you require help, or think you have found a "bug", please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system.
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
ryanc
Operating System: Please select

Where has the vocal eq preset gone?

Post by ryanc » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post. In the previous version of audacity I had the most amazing eq preset I think it was just called "vocal". I'm pretty sure it came with it, and it isn't there on the new version. Does anyone know of the preset I'm talking about and how to get it back?

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Where has the vocal eq preset gone?

Post by Gale Andrews » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 am

ryanc wrote:Hi, I hope this is the right place to post. In the previous version of audacity I had the most amazing eq preset I think it was just called "vocal". I'm pretty sure it came with it, and it isn't there on the new version. Does anyone know of the preset I'm talking about and how to get it back?
There was never any such preset shipped with Audacity.

Whatever curves you had in a previous 1.3 version of Audacity should be at EQCurves.xml in Audacity's folder for application data. That folder has different locations according to your operating system; you can find out the location here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/help/man ... tml#stored .

Did you move EQCurves.xml somewhere else when you obtained the new version of Audacity?

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual

ryanc
Operating System: Please select

Post by ryanc » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:27 am

Yeah, I reset my laptop because it was running slow and so when I came to install audacity on it, I had to use the new version. I don't know where I could have got it from then, but I'm pretty sure I only ever downloaded the program and plug-ins from the official website. It didn't just have the vocal one, it had guitar makes I think and one called "acoustic", there was about 10 in total, including some of the ones that are there in 2.0.

Gale Andrews
Quality Assurance
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by Gale Andrews » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 am

If you are on Windows Vista or 7, do you use System Restore? If so try right-clicking over the current EQCurves.xml in Explorer > Restore previous versions.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... -questions .

Gale
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * Tips * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Quick Start Guide * * * * * Audacity Manual