recording from monitor of system audio?

I have an HP Envy Touchsmart 17 laptop running opensuse LEAP 42.3. The sound system Audacity (2.2.2) seems to find is ALSA:
HDA Intel PCH:92HD91BXX Analog hw(1,0)

Audacity seems to only be able to record from the computer’s internal monitor, so I get room sounds and so forth in addition to the computer audio (speaker outputs).

I tried the recording software “Simple Screen Recorder” - it defaults to PulseAudio, and has the options to either record from “Built-in Analog Stereo” or “Monitor of Built-in Analog Stereo.” When I choose the Monitor… option, it records direction from the speaker feeds, not from the internal microphone, so I don’t record ambient (room) sounds. SSR has options for ALSA, PulseAudio, and JACK - to get the option for the Monitor of Analog Stereo, I have to use the PulseAudio backend.

So I guess my question is, can I get Audacity to use PulseAudio and obtain the ability to record from the Monitor of Analog Stereo?

Thank You Very Much!
PattiMichelle

This will probably help: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_computer_playback_on_linux.html