Bug: Settings dialogue not readable with dark MATE theme

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.
Please state:
  • which version of Linux you are using,
  • the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help menu > About Audacity,
  • whether you installed your distribution's release, PPA version, or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade (see https://www.audacityteam.org/download/).
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Bug: Settings dialogue not readable with dark MATE theme

Permanent link to this post Posted by Minty18 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:42 pm

System-info first:
Kernel: 4.10.0-38-generic x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 5.4.0) Desktop: MATE 1.18.0 (Gtk 3.18.9-1ubuntu3.3) Distro: Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia
Audacity 2.2.2 from PPA

This morning I tried Audacity 2.2.2 but had to remove it again.
It really has nice GUI themes now. But:
I use a dark overall theme (Mint-Y-Dark or Vertex Dark) which has white font on dark background.
The trouble with Audacity's setting stuff is, that the white font is set on a white background ... thus unreadable. What a pity.
My suggestion to the programmers: take font and background from the user's theme and everything should be fine.
Hopefully this can be fixed ... else I'll have to stay on old versions where this problem doesn't occur.

Operating System: Linux Mint

Return to GNU/Linux