new user help

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.
Please state:
  • which version of Linux you are using,
  • the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help menu > About Audacity,
  • whether you installed your distribution's release, PPA version, or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade (see https://www.audacityteam.org/download/).
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

new user help

Permanent link to this post Posted by 14d » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:55 am

Ubuntu 14.04
Audacity 2.0.5
I wanted to load a 40 minute talk audio piece into Audacity to edit it. I had to change the files on the CD into flac and then was able to import it.They were WAV files but locked and wouldnt respond to loading them so I changed them to flac.They load ok now.
Its a 40 minute speech that plays on the CD as one continuous talk but when I ripped it ..it showed up as 9 tracks.Dont know why...?????
I wanted to play the speech fully and edit out some stupid stuff out,then save it and export it and burn it to a new CD in its edited version.These tracks are stereo.

Anyway I have 9 tracks that load into Audacity as tracks.I read that I could cut and paste them end to end so I highlighted the second track and right clik but nothing happened...where is the cut choice??? I was going to cut and paste each track to the end of the track above it...Is there a better way to do this?? And where is the cut tool????
14d

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: new user help

Permanent link to this post Posted by Trebor » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:29 pm

14d wrote: I was going to cut and paste each track to the end of the track above it...Is there a better way to do this??

Drag'n'drop all 9 tracks (in one go) into the waveform area of an Audacity window.
Then use "align end to end". Then "mix and render" to create one track.
Trebor

Operating System: Windows Vista

Return to GNU/Linux