Audacity set USB microphone with volume list

Hello Audacity team,
I would like to report a bug with Audacity 2.1.3 currently available on Fedora 25 about the setting while working with a client for online course video recording.
Once a USB external microphone (in my case a Samson Meteor (http://www.samsontech.com/samson/products/microphones/usb-microphones/meteormic/) is properly detected, Audacity wrongly assigned it to the volume setting for recording while it should set to the microphone list thus disabling its volume. When it comes to playback, I had to manual set the volume to default to listen the recording. It is a minor inconvenience as I quickly figured out the workaround.

Could anyone with a USB microphone reproduce the mentioned bug above and fix it please?
Thank you for the excellent audio editor.

Luya

Thanks. 2.1.3 has not been released yet - it is due out on the 20th. Do you have some packaged Audacity build provided by Fedora?

If you build Audacity HEAD from source code does it have the same problem?

Also sorry but I don’t understand your description. What list and volume setting are you referring to? ALSAMixer, or Pulse Audio Volume Control? Can you post a screen shot of what you are looking at?

Also please post Help > Audio Device Info… (top right of Audacity). Please see how to attach files to forum posts.

Gale