Macros: Time Shift Right command

My PC is Windows. My app version is 3.2.4.

I am facing another issue that I hope you can help me with. I am trying to create a macro that uses Time Shift Right command, but this feature is not allowing any parameters to be passed, and as a result does not perform the needed task.

Best regards,
Bryan

I read somewhere else that it would be much easier to add silence to the tracks. But when I tried that, it silenced the entire track. I should say that I’d like to add the shift or silence to the beginning of the tracks.

I am trying to automate the layering of a hundred tracks on top of each other with an x + 1 millisecond(s) of time shift or silence in the beginning of each track and repeat this a few thousand times. I have already done 144 generations of the hundred-layer infusions, but I am now too tired after a week of morning till night consistent work. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I have figured out how to add a silence of 1 millisecond in the beginning of the second layer, but I cannot increment this by +1, as when I change one of the silence actions, the previous one changes too. So, I am stuck at two layers only. I would like to start at one millisecond for the second track and increment the silence by one additional millisecond 98 more times, for a total of 100 layers.

Here is the latest macro I have created that is producing errors:

Import2:Filename=“D:\Documents\Prayers - Subliminals\Subliminal - Prayer\BBB-00001\144.5.mp3”
SelectTime:End=“0.094” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Delete:
SelectTime:End=“180.578” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“180.52”
Delete:
SelTrackStartToEnd:
Copy:
SelectTime:End=“4e-05” RelativeTo=“ProjectStart” Start=“0”
Delete:
NewMonoTrack:
Paste:
SelectTime:End=“0.001” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Copy:
CursTrackStart:
Paste:
Silence:End=“0.001” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
NewMonoTrack:
Paste:
SelectTime:End=“0.002” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Copy:
CursTrackStart:
Paste:
Silence:End=“0.002” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
NewMonoTrack:
Paste:
SelectTime:End=“0.003” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Copy:
CursTrackStart:
Paste:
Silence:End=“0.003” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
NewMonoTrack:
Paste:
SelectTime:End=“0.004” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Copy:
CursTrackStart:
Paste:
Silence:End=“0.004” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
NewMonoTrack:
Paste:
SelectTime:End=“0.005” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”
Copy:
CursTrackStart:
Paste:
Silence:End=“0.005” RelativeTo=“SelectionStart” Start=“0”

Please start a new topic for each new issue. It’s only by chance that I spotted your new question in an old thread.

The “Time Shift Right” is a new command, and unfortunately it has not been documented in the manual.
From testing this command: At first I thought it wasn’t working, but on looking more carefully I see that it nudges the selected audio clip a tiny bit to the right.

This command is probably not useful for normal use in a macro. My guess is that it was added for the benefit of blind users and others that can’t use pointing devices to use the clip’s drag handles.

This would probably be easiest using Nyquist rather than macros. Macros can’t loop through commands repeatedly (a macro is just a list), but Nyquist is a full programming language which can do loops and conditionals.

How long are the tracks?
Are they mono or stereo?

It’s not documented in the Scripting Reference, but it is documented here: https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/Extra_Menu:_Edit#time_shift_left
and it is a very tiny amount that the clip is moved - just one screen pixel at a time.