Isolate strong frequencies.

Greetings,

I’ve not been able to find this anywhere (mabye I’m just bad al searching, so sorry if it was that).

I’d want to isolate high db frequencies.
Not high frequencies (hz). Just the frequencies that are above certaing db threshold.

It is not a regular voice isolation.
My audio has a primary (high db) voice and a secondary (low db) one (plus usual background noise).
I just want the primary one.

Is there anything to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I’m OS independent (I have Linux and Windows, and a VM with MAC). So any solution will fit for me.

Andrew Reeman’s “spectral gate” plugin (free) increases the contrast of the spectrogram:
the quieter frequencies (below user-defined threshold) are made quieter …

Useful for cleaning-up hiss, but I doubt it will separate voices.

My audio has a primary (high db) voice and a secondary (low db) one

So you have a damaged Zoom recording.

Zoom has a terrific trick where they will provide clean individual sound tracks for everyone in your show—if you ask them nice. Everything past that is up to you and the computers, headphones, microphones, and room acoustics at each location.

Koz

I’m not sure what do you mean.
The Microsoft’s videoconferences app?

It is not. It is from a Twitch streamer.

She (uses to) yell loud, and a section was pretty funny, but she was on Discord and another one was talking too.
It’s like a whistle, but there is too much harmonics to erase it manually with the Secptral Delete (and it is a pitch changing note. So I cannot delete it just by making a few long rectangles all the way along):

If you have any idea, you’re welcome.

I don’t know of any existing tools / plug-ins / effects to do this. It would “probably” be possible to write a Nyquist script to do it, but that would be a very complicated / difficult task.

Robert J. H. wrote some contrast-enhancing Nyquist code back in 2014 …

[ But the spectral-gate plugin would be easier (quicker) to use ].

Trebor wrote:

Andrew Reeman’s “spectral gate” plugin (free)

You do know that the plugin is made with Juce and it has a known habit of sending analytics back to Google.

The “culprit” code: (MacOS section shown but there is a section for Windows as well).

The real “culprit” is JUCE Producer. It sets JUCE_REPORT_APP_USAGE to 0 when it knows that the developer has paid for a commercial license, or that they have licensed their application under GPL. It is not to spy on you the end use; it is checking that JUCE is being used in accordance with the JUCE license.
JUCE have a FAQ section about their licensing here: Get JUCE - JUCE

Agreed but in the process of checking, it does spy on the user.
My post above was not to blame the writer of the plugin, but rather the framework he chose to use.
You may find that he may not even be aware of it sending (amongst other things) your I.P. address
and unique system ID (that could mean lots of things).

I recall there was a big uproar when Muse started doing something similar when they acquired Audacity.
Since some people are uncomfortable with the idea, it’s only fair to alert them to this.

It’s then up to each person to decide what to do with the information.

I still use (and make) plugins that rely on Juce, but only after modifying them to get rid of the analytics reporting.

“AI” may be able to i$olate the louder voice …
https://youtu.be/FW6swctAoEs?t=174