mod-script-pipe is missing, can't use scripting API

I’m using the Audacity AppImage in version Audacity 3.0.5 on my Linux machine which runs Fedora 34 x64 with Wayland.
Following these instructions I was trying to enable the python scripting interface to control Audacity form a Python script, but as you can see the module is missing. In fact all modules are missing:
audacitymodules.png
Can anyone please help me to fix that?

The version of Audacity provided through Fedora’s repositories has a bug preventing me from doing 18-Channel multi-track recordings, thus I have to use the AppImage.

Unfortunately the AppImage version of Audacity does not yet support mod-script-pipe.
I’ve logged the issue here: AppImage: mod-script-pipe non-functional · Issue #2042 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

The only workaround that I can think of is to build Audacity from the source code (or wait for a suitable version of Audacity to be released).
Instructions for building Audacity are here: https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/BUILDING.md
If you need help building Audacity, you can ask on this discord channel: Discord

I have the same issue as the OP - with Audacity 3.1.3 on Kubuntu 20.04.

The github issue has been closed as of 29 Jan, but I can’t be sure whether that means it’s supposed to have been fixed in some upcoming release. (3.1.3 came out before that, correct?)

Would I be correct in assuming that it’s still an issue with appimage 3.1.3, but could be fixed in 3.2?

Thanks!

Yes.
Release date for Audacity 3.1.3 was 23 Dec 2021
(Missing features - Audacity Support)
The fix was committed on Jan 26th
(Perform the libraries related magic for modules on all platforms by crsib · Pull Request #2481 · audacity/audacity · GitHub)

I hope so :wink:

I shall radiate hope!