In Fedora FFmpeg support not compiled in

Hello, i have error in audacity: FFmpeg support not compiled inI
use fedora 34, audacity 3.0.2, ffmpeg 4.4 from RPMfusion.

(I assume that the final word should be “in”.)

That’s telling you that your version of Audacity cannot use FFmpeg.

FFmpeg is an optional component that helps Audacity to support import / export of more file types. If you are only using WAV / MP3 / OGG / FLAC files, then you don’t need FFmpeg. If you want to be able to import / export formats such as AC3, AAC, WMA, … then you will need to use a version of Audacity that supports FFmpeg, and you will need the FFmpeg library installed.

I guess this puts me (and many other Fedora users) in the same boat. I used the default version arising from “sudo dnf install audacity” and have since applied all upgrades available through to Audacity 3.0.2 in Fedora 35. lame, ffmpeg and fdkaac are installed. If anyone can point us to a step-by-step guide on how to install a more complete version of Audacity, that would be great.
Cheers,
Alan

You could try the Audacity 3.1.3 AppImage (available from the Audacity website: Audacity ® | Downloads)

Note that an AppImage does not need to be “installed”. Just put it somewhere convenient (such as your home folder) and make it executable.

Unfortunately the AppImage does not yet support Jack, only ALSA and OSS.

Thanks Steve, I downloaded the AppImage and found it met all of my needs at this time, i.e. import/export of AAC is supported and it works with PulseAudio Volume Control.
Cheers,
Alan