Reproducible crash in 2.3.0 when applying "Bass and Treble" filter while playback is running

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on GNU/Linux.
Please state:
  • which version of Linux you are using,
  • the exact three-section version number of Audacity from Help menu > About Audacity,
  • whether you installed your distribution's release, PPA version, or compiled Audacity from source code.

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade (see https://www.audacityteam.org/download/).
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
aklapper
Operating System: Linux Fedora/RHEL

Reproducible crash in 2.3.0 when applying "Bass and Treble" filter while playback is running

Post by aklapper » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am

Fedora 29; audacity-freeworld-2.3.0-1.fc29.x86_64 from RPMFusion repository.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open MP3 file
2. Select all
3. Effect > Bass and Treble...
4. Enter some random values
5. Click "Start Playback"
6. Click "Apply"

Application freezes.

I'd love to paste my stacktrace but everytime I try I get "Sorry, you have been blocked" shown by Cloudflare.

waxcylinder
Forum Staff
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Reproducible crash in 2.3.0 when applying "Bass and Treble" filter while playback is running

Post by waxcylinder » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:17 am

This works fine on W10

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Reproducible crash in 2.3.0 when applying "Bass and Treble" filter while playback is running

Post by steve » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 pm

Audacity 2.3.0 is for Windows and MacOS only. It should not have been packaged for the RPMFusion repository as a "release" package as 2.3.0 is "experimental" on Linux and known to have some serious issues (including the one that you describe).

See also: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/linux/

The current release version for Linux is Audacity 2.2.2.
The next release version for Linux will be Audacity 2.3.1, which is scheduled for January.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:18 pm

9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)