Waveform area does not resize, zoom, or scroll properly

I have had this issue for a while now; I believe it may be a driver issue, but I am not sure how I could confirm this. The waveform area does not display correctly: zooming in or out causes the waveform to shrink or become invisible, scrolling along the waveform doesn’t show any movement, and this area of the interface does not resize or refresh when the window is resized. I am still able to click on and interact with this area.

I apologize in advance if this bug is difficult to reproduce. I haven’t been able to find similar reports on the internet, so this may be specific to my particular setup. I’ll attempt to provide any info that could be relevant:

• Version of Linux: Manjaro Linux 17.1.7 Hakoila (Kernel: Linux 4.14.30-1-MANJARO), with Xfce 4.12.4.
  • Graphics information (as reported by inxi -G):
    • Card-1: Intel HD Graphics 620 driver: i915 v: kernel
    • Card-2: NVIDIA Device driver: N/A
    • Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6) driver: intel resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
    • OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 17.3.7
  • GPU driver: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-bumblebee version 2018.02.23
  • Version of Audacity: 2.2.2-1, but this issue was observed on earlier versions going back several months.

I have also attached a debug log from a quick editing session in which this behavior was present and a screenshot showing what happens when I resize the window (the image in the background is my desktop showing through).
Audacity_dbgrpt-2487-20180701T181040.zip (15.8 KB)
Screenshot_2018-07-01_17-38-55.jpg

Could this be that Audacity needs to be in STOP and not PAUSE to make changes? Many of the tools will drop dead, too. This may be an old problem, but it may still be current.

Koz

Did you build Audacity from the source code, or is it an official Manjaro package (or something else)?
It appears that your version of Audacity has been built with gtk3 rather than the required gtk2.

If you built Audacity yourself, please refer to the build instructions in the “INSTALL” file (in the root directory of the source folder). If it is an official Manjaro package, please report it to the package maintainer.

It doesn’t seem to work in either state.

This is the prebuilt Manjaro package. I’ll try building it from source and see if that helps.

Thanks for the responses.

We don’t have instructions specifically for Manjaro, but the build instructions for Linux are here: https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/INSTALL
Do read that document carefully as it includes important information relevant to all versions of Linux.

If you build the current development code you can use WxWidgets 3.1.1 (3.0.2 should still work), but you will still need a gtk2 build of WxWidgets.
For Audacity 2.2.2, you should use WxWidgets 3.0.2.