I recall using this function owith TripleDAT extensively, so I was looking for something similar in Audicity.
I have a audio recording of a piano piece (live recording and the pianist [made an error in] one bar, but immediately played it again, so it should be possible to edit the mishap out. The expected behaviour would be like this:
- Zoom into the passage in question
- Select the passage as editable
- Place the playback something like 5-10 seconds before and after the passage in question
- Start playback and have playback skip that selection seamlessly
- fine tune selection by zooming in more closely and place the beginning and end of selected region precisely
- Only when it's perfect actually delete the selection
Have I overlooked something, and if so, what is it and does it doe what I described as steps in the list above?