Edit video to the beat of the music

I am relatively new to Audacity. For my film editing I’ve been searching for a program that can save me tons of time by putting markers on the beat of the music track to go with my video clips. I am using Apple’s Final Cut Pro X and haven’t found any function or plugin there, so I am now trying to go the other way and find a sound editor that can do the job for me. Playing all tracks and pressing the “M” key on the beat before being able to start video editing seems rather a waste of time, we surely have computers to do the job, or don’t we?
Is there any Audacity wizard who can help me finding a plugin or standalone program to do the job for me? Your help would highly be appreciated. And … I’m sure I’m not the only one searching, can’t be! Thanks in advance :smiley: :smiley:

Shirley there must be a way to do this.

We can put a man on the moon

The short answer is no. I don’t know of a rhythm sensor (possibly as a plugin??) but then there’s no way to get the marks out of Audacity and into Final Cut. Further, I’m betting the music doesn’t stay on beat anyway. Can you see a famous rock group playing to a metronome?

I don’t think it’s that difficult. After the first couple of cuts you find that the bass notes come every 47 frames (for example).

Have you ever tried to do precision cutting in a video editor? It’s the violation of the rule that the editing takes five times the length of the show. This kind of production takes a lot longer.

Koz

I had something similar with music. Wanted to make a video with shots of scenery from last traveling.