Simple Loop Question

hey guys, first post here. I’m running mac OS X 10.11.6.

im a guitar player and frequently like to isolate a part of a track to learn it. i for some reason can not figure out how to simply repeat a highlighted section so i don’t have to constantly keep pressing play.

there are little things i tend to have to listen to a million times before i can pick up what it is I’m hearing and it would be nice to just have a continuous loop and I’m sure its a very easy function but i can’t seem to find it.

im not talking about physically looping the track in the actual blue audio area where you could see they actual continuous loops. just a simple repeat of what i have highlighted if possible.

thanks guys :sunglasses:

I think it does. I just have to find it.

Koz

Drag-select your chunk.

Shift-Play.

Most of the tools and explanations have to do with making absolutely perfect loops for sale to the public. You don’t need that.

Koz

You can also loop with the “Timeline Quick Play” feature - this method has the advantage that you can adjust the loop start / end without having to manually restart loop-play.
It’s a lot easier to do than to describe, so have a read through this part of the manual and then play with it to get a feel for how it works: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/timeline.html#tqp