Enabling sync-lock toolbar icon

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Enabling sync-lock toolbar icon

Permanent link to this post Posted by kgagne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:53 am

When I upgraded to Audacity 2.2.1, I found the sync-lock icon was no longer in the toolbar. Now I need to go to the Tracks menu and select "Sync-Lock Tracks (on/off)". Is there a way to re-enable the shortcut icon? I've dug around in the preferences and documentation but have not found it.
kgagne

Operating System: Please select

Re: Enabling sync-lock toolbar icon

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:15 pm

It was removed from the toolbar because too many users were getting stuck after enabling it accidentally.

If you use Sync Lock frequently, you can set a keyboard shortcut (sorry, no button).
To set keyboard shortcuts, see: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/keyb ... ences.html
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by kgagne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Steve,

Thank you for the swift reply. What a bummer — I use the sync-lock feature often.

I also run Audacity workshops at local school and university labs, where they're likely to have an older version of Audacity. I'll have to install an older version myself so that they can follow along with my instructions, instead of me telling them where to find a button without being able to show them.

I hope a future version of Audacity offers an optional preference to re-enable this icon.

-Ken
kgagne

Operating System: Please select

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Eventually we would like to make the toolbars much more customizable, but it'll be a while before that happens (don't hold your breath ;))
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Return to Mac OS X