Need Help Using Audacity with Wikoo Tape To MP3 Converter

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
vickicnotatechie
Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Need Help Using Audacity with Wikoo Tape To MP3 Converte

Post by vickicnotatechie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:40 am

vickicnotatechie wrote:There is an alternative, but it will involve spending more money. This involves taking the audio out of the headphone jack on the Wikoo, running that through a USB-Audio converter, and connecting that device to your Mac.
We know the Behringer UCA202, UCA22 and UFO202 all work with Mac. You will also need a stereo mini-jack-to-RCA cable (see the fi
Thanks Bill. The USB Audio converter doesn't look too steep so maybe that's a good solution. So if I hadn't stupidly ditched my old tape deck I could have used that, it seems, and used the RCA cables that used to connect it to the receiver to connect it to the converter? I m slowly catching on.

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Post by Trebor » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:10 am

From what I've read the Wikoo driver-software is old: it works with old versions of Windows, but not the latest version.
In Windows the workaround is to run the old driver software via "Compatibility Wizard", (a/k/a legacy-mode), on the new Windows.
I don't speak Mac, so I don't know if there is a Mac legacy-mode.

billw58
Forum Staff

Post by billw58 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:19 pm

vickicnotatechie wrote: Thanks Bill. The USB Audio converter doesn't look too steep so maybe that's a good solution. So if I hadn't stupidly ditched my old tape deck I could have used that, it seems, and used the RCA cables that used to connect it to the receiver to connect it to the converter? I m slowly catching on.
Yes, with a standard (old-style) cassette deck, the RCA cables you used to connect it to your stereo could be used to connect it to the USB-Audio converter.
-- Bill

waxcylinder
Forum Staff
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by waxcylinder » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:28 am

vickicnotatechie wrote: So if I hadn't stupidly ditched my old tape deck I could have used that, it seems, and used the RCA cables that used to connect it to the receiver to connect it to the converter?
You may be able to pick up a decent second-hand deck (on ebay for example) ...

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *

solgar1970

Post by solgar1970 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:36 pm

billw58 wrote:
solgar1970 wrote:I can't change the proposed settings in the Audacity software, it won't let me select any other option from the drop-down menus in Audacity.
Please go through the steps on this page in the Audacity wiki. Then tell us what happens when you go through these steps. If you get stuck at step 2 (the Mac System Preferences Sound panel doesn't see the Wikoo) then we can't help you. If the Mac won't see the device, neither will Audacity.
-- Bill

Problem resolved, thanks Bill! :D