installation on High Sierra from source

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: installation on High Sierra from source

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:39 pm

baj wrote:** INSTALL SUCCEEDED **

Hooray and congratulations :D

baj wrote:If by chance you have a concrete example script that I can use to start developing my use-case that would be even better... ;)

Sorry, no I don't.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by baj » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:24 pm

the good news: Audacity works, I installed the program from the /tmp folder and it looks nice.

the bad new: the scripting module won't compile :o :roll:

I found that the make file refers to SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk so I found it on some github page and copied it to the SDK folder like before.
I also changed the version to 10.6 and 10.12.
All of them are complaining about wx/wx.h and then setup.h not being found. Thus, I included the -I directories from the installation used when creating audacity.

With the 10.12 version I get the least errors, so I post this here:

In file included from /Users/bernd/programs/wxWidgets-audacity-fixes/include/wx/nonownedwnd.h:14:
/Users/bernd/programs/wxWidgets-audacity-fixes/include/wx/window.h:1991:40: error: type 'wxAccessible' is not a
direct or virtual base of 'wxWindowAccessible'
wxWindowAccessible(wxWindow* win): wxAccessible(win) { if (win) win->SetAccessible(this); }
^~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what I am doing anymore and have no clue where to start searching. Is it possible that this scripting module is not working on Mac (High Sierra)? At some point I saw a message that only windows OS is supported...

Thanks again for the continued support.
baj

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:42 pm

baj wrote:Is it possible that this scripting module is not working on Mac (High Sierra)?

It's possible, but I don't really know as I've not tried. (My usual platform is Linux.)

I've asked the developers if anyone can advise.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Previous

Return to Mac OS X