HELP

Recording a podcast and as I was trying to save all of my sound waves disappeared to this straight line. I cannot get the audio back. I was done recording and was trying to save. I have no clue how to get it back, please help. This has happened to me 2x now after recording. Is it gone?

I am using a Mac and don’t know where or how to get it back. Please help and thank you.
Screen Shot 2018-01-01 at 8.34.14 PM.png

Which Audacity are you using?
Audacity > About Audacity.

Koz

2.1.2 I think.

The presentation seems to have two different stereo tracks and a label track, so this wasn’t a clean or first recording was it?

Which Mac is it? I’m typing on a 2013 Mac Mini.

Koz

If you lurk on the forum at the same time the elves are on here, keep refreshing your browser. If we post after you arrive, you may not see it.

I think the show is gone but I posted to the senior elves asking why this is happening. Were you editing or was this a capture? Why are there two other tracks in the timeline?

Koz

That looks like Audacity 2.1.3 - it has the pinned play head and the sync-lock button in the Edit Toolbar.

The title of the window is “Audacity (Recovered)” which indicates that either Audacity had crashed or you had done a Force Quit. When you restarted Audacity it tried to recover the project. Is this what happened?

You say that you got the flat line “as I was trying to save”. Please run us through the steps as precisely as you can.

Also, it helps to know which version of Mac OS you are running, and what machine.

– Bill