That shouldn't be a problem provided that Audacity was installed from the official Audacity DMG (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/), but could be related if Audacity was installed with Homebrew.xanadukr wrote:Although I do not think this can be possible cause: I use Homebrew and python, qt and other gnu related files are installed with Homebrew. Could this cause this issue?
Am I correct in thinking that you did not use Homebrew for Audacity?
I'd like to clarify the question of the curious "ExportFormat_SF1=131074".
Could you try the following:
1) Trash Audacity and the folder "~/Library/Application Support/audacity"
(note that "~/" refers to your Home directory. It is NOT the system Library.
2) Get a fresh download of Audacity 2.2.1 from here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/
Audacity 2.2.1 .dmg file (31.13 MB, includes help files)
and check that the SHA256 is:
(this is possibly overkill, but it ensures that there are no problems with the downloaded file, and in weird cases like this it is good to rule out possible causes)
An easy way to get the SHA256 is to use this web-page: https://md5file.com/calculator
3) Follow the instruction for installing that are given on this page: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/mac/
Be sure to follow the instructions to the letter - read through the instructions before you start.
(I'm stressing "to the letter" because again we need to rule out possible causes).
4) When installed. Launch Audacity. Take note and tell us of any errors / warnings that occur.
Do not do anything in Audacity other than dismiss the "Welcome" screen. Just let Audacity fully open, then close it again.
This is to ensure that Audacity completes its initial "Preferences" setup.
Ensure that you fully "Quit" Audacity (I'm aware that macOS loves to keep applications hidden in the background).
5) Launch Audacity again.
6) Import a known good WAV file (ensure that it is a normal 16-bit WAV file). Accept the default options when prompted.
Allow the file to fully import.
7) Export as WAV using "File menu > Export > Export as WAV".
I'm guessing that at step 7, Audacity will crash. If it does, please send the new "debug report".