Microphone no longer recognized

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
Ealswythe
Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Microphone no longer recognized

Post by Ealswythe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:38 pm

I have a Snowball Ice USB microphone that I have been using daily with Audacity. Today, all of a sudden, it sad that it did not recognize my core audio. I checked, and it was plugged in, and I closed Audacity, and re-opened. It still won't recognize my microphone. I checked for updates, and found that there is an update. I updated to the current version. It still won't recognize my microphone. It wants to only use my built-in microphone. My Snowball is definitely plugged in. The red light is on, indicating that it is ready to record. I have tried everything, even Rescan Devices on Audacity. It will not recognize my microphone. What do I do? I have the latest OS X Mac. :?:

Ealswythe
Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: Microphone no longer recognized

Post by Ealswythe » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Update:
I fixed the problem. It was a little bit of a loose connection from the cable to the port on the microphone. Now everything works. What's good about this problem is that I did find out about an Audacity update, and I love it! It works much better than the previous version. Thank you! :D

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Microphone no longer recognized

Post by steve » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working :)
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)