Can't drag and drop

Hi - I’ve been using Audacity for years to create playlists for indoor cycling classes. When I started to make a playlist today, I am unable to drag and drop songs from iTunes directly into the program. I’ve checked the file type and that’s not the problem. When I drag the file, it gives me a ‘plus’ sign in Audacity but when I try to drop it in, nothing happens. Thanks for any help.

I think that’s one of the actions not supported in Audacity 2.1.2.

Koz

You can drag and drop an audio file onto the Dock icon. That does work.

Koz

Thanks Koz. That does work. I appreciate it!

One more thing - now when I try to drop it into the dock, it opens a new audacity playlist for each song. Any ideas on how to have it add the songs to the open playlist so I can string them together? Thanks again.

Yes, drag and drop to the Dock icon opens a new Audacity project window.

Use File > Import > Audio… to import files into the same project window.

The drag and drop is fixed in the upcoming Audacity 2.1.3 when released. You should be able to find it on Audacity download latest version around the end of this month.

Gale

File > Import. Sorry. I think this is fixed in 2.1.3.

Koz

It is fixed as per my previous post.

Gale

Thanks both!

How am I able to drag my different clips across when they are small in size? the time shift hand symbol will not appear on the top band of the clip, the only symbol appearing is the snipping one. Can someone please help

You are replying to an ancient topic about Audacity 2.1.2 / 3 on MacOS.

If you are using Audacity 2.1.3 (as per this topic), then you need to update - the current version is Audacity 3.1.2 and is available via the Audacity website: Audacity ® | Downloads

If you are using a recent version of Audacity, I’d suggest that you start a new topic. If you’re using Windows, start the topic on this forum board: Windows - Audacity Forum