Audacity/FFMPEG?

I realize this is for Mac OS 10.4 or higher, so where is 10.4 or lower???

So Audacity downloaded OK. Also downloaded FFMPEG. Did the manual search for the file FFMPEG…avformat-*.dylib. What I found was …libavformat.dylib. Same?? Hit Open, OK,OK.

Download a karaoke Youtube video in MP4 format with 4k Video Downloader and with Activate 4k Video Downloader.

Each time a drag either one of those files I get error message (attachment).

MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7, Intel Corei5
Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 12.15.51 PM.png

Well. the screen shot did not show up but the error was this:

“Without the optional FFmpeg library, Audacity cannot open this type of file. Otherwise, you need to convert it to a supported audio format, such as WAV or AIFF”

But I already download the FFmpeg library…

P.S. I meant I download with Youtube Downloader and 4k Video Downloader.

Installation instructions for FFMPEG for Windows, MacOS, and Linux can be found here: Installing FFmpeg

I have follow all of the download instructions that you and every other person is directing us to do. However, it is not working correctly. I have gone to preferences and libraries. Looked for my files in the bin folder for audacity. Yet when I selected it, it acts as it it doesn’t want to work. When I checked the logfile, this is what I see… cannot load ‘libavformat.59.dylib’. What is going on? I’ve been working on this for the last four hours. I’m doing this with a MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2018 2.9 Ghz Intel Core i9, 32GB 2400 mhz ddr4 RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB while running on macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Thank you in advance for your help.

Have you followed the Homebrew instructions? In some cases this is required.