Plugin Manager - Rescan Causes Multiple Exception Code Errors, Stalls Out

Greetings!

I’ve been using Audacity for years now on various Mac devices.

Currently I’m using macOS Monterey version 12.6 on a 16 inch 2019 MacBook Pro with a 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core I9 processor.

I just installed Audacity 3.2.1. I noticed that many recently installed plugins weren’t listed as available in my Plugin Manager, so I clicked the Rescan button. I get multiple Exception Code error messages like this:
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 11.20.05 AM.png
It will also stall out everytime it gets to Cherry Audio’s Voltage Modular FX.vst

When I hit Stop or Cancel, and then Rescan again, it just starts over and the same issues come up again.

Anybody know what I’m doing wrong? I realize that some plugins are not compatible with Audacity, but I don’t see a way to skip any individual plugin, or just pick and choose the ones I want to use.

TIA,
Mark

I have the same problem – driving me nuts! I disabled the plug-ins to get Audacity to work at all, but when I open it again I get the same problem.

The Developers are aware of this issue. See here: Forum Users are reporting fatal difficulties with new VST Scan #3802

This issue has been addressed in Audacity 3.2.2 which is now available here: Audacity ® | Downloads