Manage Plugins - rescan goes on FOREVER

I just updated to audacity 3.2 on my MacBook air M1 2020. Downloaded waves plugin clarity vx and went to “rescan” plugins so I could enable it. The scan is going on and on with the Time Remaining only increasing, never decreasing. When the remaining time gets to over an hour (after 15 minutes of elapsed time) I stop the process. Multiple times. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled audacity but it still does the same thing. How do I fix this and enable my waves plugin?

Does it get stuck on a specific plug-in?

Perhaps… /Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST/WaveShell1-VST 14.5 vst

just uninstalled 3.2 and went back to 3.1.3 and was able to install the plug in. Some sort of issue with the latest update apparently.

This is still happening for me. Mac Mini, Mac OS 12.6. Did anyone figure out how to fix this issue. My scan time is going in to over 100 hours!

As Steve said, “Does it get stuck on a specific plug-in?”

Same problem here. In answer to “any specific plug-in?” it appears to get stuck on ALL of them, and you have to click through each error message to get to the next.

This maybe an actual program bug. Evil or unstable program behavior experienced by multiple people, yadda, yadda.

This one manifests as an insistence on scanning for plugins the first time in spite of at least one of them being damaged and hijacking the scan. You can’t stop it. It seems to be burned into the code to scan when the program is new.

The desperation method is roll back to an earlier Audacity.

https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-old.html

Koz

The developers are aware of these difficulties and are looking into the issue here: Add a skip option + timeout to plugin validation · Issue #3802 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

I’ve also been getting a problem for a plug-in called
-NI-/aufx/NI$
which does not appear in any of my Library plug-in folders

This is in addition to a few iZotope plug-ins, sforzando,
Magnus Ambience, and, mysteriously
/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3/
– that’s it, just VST3.

Thanks for your report. I understand the developers were not able to accomplish all of their goals with RT Effect support in 3.2 and they are currently working to increase the number and variety of plugins that run in Audacity.

I am sure they would like to hear about your current difficulties, so you may wish to create an issue report on github for them. There are so many different plugins that I can’t personally get involved in each one.

This issue has been addressed in Audacity 3.2.2 which is now available here: Audacity ® | Downloads

This issue has been addressed in Audacity 3.2.2 which is now available here: Audacity ® | Downloads