Tracking Tool through multiple Tracks

I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question, but take it form someone who is a bit of a novice when it comes to audacity and may not know all the technical terms of what I’m asking help on, so bear with me…

So what I’m having trouble with if the tracking tool in the newest update. When I was taking track selections and trying to align them together manually, I would be able to have my tool selection on a certain part of the track and if I pressed up or down on my keyboard, that line would extended to both tracks where I could align the dots. As of the newest update, when I try to accomplish this same task, I get a noise like I’m clicking out of bounds and the only way to somewhat recreate this is by selecting the track, holding shift and then clicking on the bottom track but sometimes it selects a piece of the song when I’m only checking the alignment. Is there a way to get this back? If so, please let me know. Thank you.

This happens on Windows 10 as well. There seems to be a regression from 3.0.2 to 3.1.3. The issue has been reported on GitHub. You may follow it here: Track Alignment Feature Regression · Issue #3118 · audacity/audacity · GitHub

If you have anything more to add, you may do that here or on GitHub.

So, as it turns out, the answer is yes. The developers offered that Shift-Up and Shift-Down will do what you are wanting to do.

I don’t necessarily recommend this, but if you need just the simple Up and Down, you can adjust the Audacity Keyboard shortcuts. See: Keyboard Preferences

As mentioned in the bug, Shift+Up or Up then Enter both show the point selection on both tracks.

Thank you so much for letting me know. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that noticed this.