Can't record

Audacity 3.1.3
MacBook Pro, OS 11.6.5
Behringer UCA202

System was recording from vinyl to digital for several sessions. On attempt to startup next day to record, no track data, i.e., areas 13, 14, 15 not there — “blue screen”. I have a screen shot but don’t know how to attach it to this inquiry.

Editing of saved transcribed records opens as normal, just record affected.

Rebooted Audacity, no change. Rebooted computer, no change. Removed audacity including ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/audacity.cfg, /pluginregistry.cfg, /pluginsettings.cfg.

Downloaded and installed fresh copy of 3.1.3. Again, no change.

I have replaced the UCA202, no change, and I have proven that the computer USB is OK and played back CDs.

Thanks to anyone for help.

don’t know how to attach it to this inquiry

Post Reply > Attachments (scroll down) > Add Files.

Koz

What are the settings in area 9 (Device Toolbar) ?

Does Transport > Rescan Audio Devices change anything ?

I just gotta learn how to read, i.e., “Attachments”

Area 9 is “Core Audio” – I believe the only Mac option

This is the screen shot of the “blank” Audacity session(s):
Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 3.05.08 PM.png

Thank you, Jademan. Transport/scrubbing was not the answer, but Transport/Recording solved the problem. It’s amazing (it’s a computer) how flying fingers or the unintended consequence of some un-remembered action can cause problems.

Thank you all for your help.

Chuck

Regrettably, I am back again with the continuation of the same problem. Transport/Recording/Record brings the tracks into view and immediately starts “recording” except it is not accepting the input stream from the UCA202. Again, Audacity will reload, edit, playback all aup3 files. It just doesn’t want to record.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

So this is what I have done since last post.
Shutdown (Quit) Audacity
Restart computer
Searched for and deleted every file and folder with the name audacity
Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/audacity
Deleted Audacity dmg
Emptied trash
Restarted computer
Installed fresh copy of Audacity 3.1.3
Audacity asked for access to Internal Microphone (granted although input set as USB device
Attempted to record. Here is screenshot:
What do I do now? Any suggestions? Have I done something wrong in the above? Help.
Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 12.19.29 PM.jpg

So in your above list, you neglected to show when you plugged in your USB interface.

Similarly, you also seemed to fail to run Transport > Rescan Audio Devices

See also: delay with pitch shift