All Data lost on all files

Hello,
Audacity stopped responding so I initiated a force quit.
Now the data from every audacity file is lost.
The tracks are there but empty with no sound.
Is there a way to fix and or recover the files?
PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you!
Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 11.39.39 AM.jpg

I can see that you’re using an old version of Audacity. Which version is it? Specifically, are your projects AUP3 files, or the old “AUP file + _data folder”?

How many tracks were there? Did they all come from imported sound files, or did you live record any?

And yes, it’s super good to know which Audacity you have. Audacity (upper left) > About Audacity.

Koz

Thank you for your response.
It is Audacity 2.3.3
a lot of the files are imported from my zoom recorder

1. Make a test project by generating some audio (“Generate” menu),
  2. Save the project to your “Documents” folder as “Test123”
  3. Close Audacity
  4. Look in the “Documents” folder - you should see the project file and the project _data folder:
C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\test123.aup
C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\test123_data
  1. Launch Audacity
  2. “File menu > Open” and select the file C:\Users<your username>\Documents\test123.aup
  3. The project saved in step 2 should open.

What happened?

Thanks for your reply,
New projects are saving successfully.
However all data is erased from all saved audacity files. ( data files are not lost )
Audacity stopped responding and a notice came up that said “Audacity is already running. The system has detected that another copy of Audacity is running. Running two copies of Audacity simultaneously may cause data loss or may cause your system to crash. Use the New or Open commands in the currently running Audacity process to open multiple projects simultaneously.”
After that all projects sound disappeared.

Including the new projects?

That message appears if you attempt to launch Audacity while the lock file exists - you missed out some steps in your description as you did not mention what you were doing when Audacity stopped responding, or attempting to relaunch Audacity. Remember that we can’t see your computer or what you click on, so we only know as much or as little as you tell us.