Open two files at same time

Using Catalina 10.15.7 with Audacity 3.1.3 on my MacBook Air.

After recording my book in 35 files, I’ve created one single file with all the corrections that I want to funnel into many of those 35 files. But when I open the “corrections file,” ready to then copy and paste the fixes into the different chapter files, I’m unable to open that second file — the “receiver” file. It seems I can only have one file open at a time.

What am I missing here? I double-click on the chapter I need to funnel the fix into — or go to File/Open with (Audacity) — but the second file won’t open. I’m sure I’ve done something stupid, but what? Why can’t I open multiple files?

Thanks.

After recording my book in 35 files

We hope perfect-quality, stand-alone WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit files and not only Audacity .aup3 Projects.

We also hope that you copied those files to backup medium such as thumb drives, external drives, network drives, or cloud drives. You still need to work from your Mac’s internal drive, but those drives are for safe-keeping.

What am I missing here?

I read that three times and I can’t follow you. Use specific words instead of global generalizations. “I want to add room tone silences to all my files,” or “I want to apply Audiobook Mastering to everything all at once.”

It is recommended that you work on each chapter individually and not group them all together (if I understand you). Regard all the forum postings from horrified people who flushed all their work into a can when Audacity failed and took their files with it.

Koz