Sliding Stretch

Hello Forum!

My goal is to convert my audio to 432Hz from 440Hz and I am using a macro for this. I managed to converted my original audio files to the wrong configuration.

Is is possible to convert the files back to the original format (440Hz) instead of overwriting or ‘adding’ on top of the initial conversion? I basically want a do-over with the original file.

I am guessing this would be accomplished by setting the values back to default and converting again. Any information on this would be super.

Thanks!

Why do you say that your audio is 432 Hz? What do you mean by that?

So the original audio file format is 440Hz. I convert it to 432Hz using the sliding scale. The audio quality is much better and more harmonic.

Is is possible to convert the files back to the original format (440Hz) instead of overwriting or ‘adding’ on top of the initial conversion? I basically want a do-over with the original file.

You didn’t save a copy of the original file? More processing will only make the distortion/artifacts worse. :frowning:

FYI - Most people won’t notice a difference, especially if there’s a time delay between when they listen to the original and pitch-shifted file. Except they might hear the side effects. People with perfect pitch might notice a difference but perfect pitch isn’t really “perfect” and they might just mis-identify the musical key. A musician trying to play-along would notice that it’s off-pitch.

As an experiment, I tested 4 recordings of Beethoven 7th symphony 1st movement to check the orchestra’s tuning. The results were quite surprising:

Version 1: A 446
Version 2: A 442
Version 3: A 445
Version 4: A 448

(As the results were surprising, I looked up “Why do orchestras tune sharp”, which brought up this page: https://music.stackexchange.com/questions/776/why-are-orchestras-tuned-differently)

Using the standard technique to “convert to 432”, the above versions would after conversion would actually be tuned to:

Version 1: A 438
Version 2: A 434
Version 3: A 437
Version 4: A 440

I prefer 432Hz after looking into Cymatics. It’s a divine frequency set that is harmonic to the human cellular structure, in my experience, the music moves you much more quite literally.