no more menu bar, inability to save

Hello,
I have a problem with Audacity on Mac.
Indeed, after having recorded a project of ten minutes, when I wanted to save it, the upper part of the Audacity page no longer appears, and therefore I can neither save nor export.
I also don’t have the option to go out of full screen.
Before that happened, I was already forced to close and reopen Audacity due to some bugs.
There is no problem playing the recorded project.
I tried with the mouse to click in all the corners without success. I even moved a few blocks! (photo 2) :slight_smile:
I have been using Audicity on mac for several years and have never had this problem.
I want to quit Audacity or restart but I’m afraid that Audacity will not offer me to “recover old projects” and lose the recording which is important to me definitely.
Thank you for your help
Gris

Bonjour,
J’ai un problème avec Audacity sur Mac.
En effet, après avoir enregistré un projet d’une dizaine de minutes, alors que je voulais l’enregistrer, la partie supérieure de la page Audacity n’apparaît plus, et donc je ne peux ni enregistrer ni exporter.
Je n’ai pas non plus la possibilité de sortir du plein écran.
Avant que cela se passe, j’étais obligé déjà de fermer et ouvrir de nouveau Audacity suite à quelques bugs.
La lecture du projet enregistré ne pose pas de problème.
J’ai essayé avec la souris de cliquer dans tous les coins sans succès. J’en ai même déplacé quelques blocs ! (photo 2) :slight_smile:
J’utilise Audicity sur mac depuis plusieurs années et je n’ai jamais eu ce problème.
J’ai envie de quitter Audacity ou de redémarrer mais j’ai peur qu’Audacity ne me propose pas de “récupérer les anciens projets” et de perdre l’enregistrement qui est important pour moi définitivement.
Merci de votre aide
Gris
Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 09.27.16.jpg
Capture d’écran 2021-05-03 à 07.35.10.jpg

You may have pressed the green “full screen” ball in the Audacity upper left. Put your cursor/pointer at the top of your screen and leave it there. The Mac control bar should appear and you can press the green ball again to shrink the window.

Koz

Hello,
I tried to Place my cursor / pointer at the top of my screen and leave it there. But the Mac control bar does not appear and I cannot press the green ball again to minimize the window.
The cursor / pointer cannot go further than the four segments of the open window rectangle.

Command+S will save the project without the Mac menu bar. Does that work?

Koz

forced to close and reopen Audacity due to some bugs.

I’m afraid that Audacity will not offer me to “recover old projects”

Which Audacity are you using? Audacity doesn’t have that many bugs.

Do you have to Recover Projects very often?

Do you restart your Mac when it has a problem like this? When a program crashes, it can leave trash on the computer and make it more likely to crash next time. Make the Mac clean up and start over.

Koz