version 3.0.0

hello

i would like to know [ to be sure ] if this version works fine with mac os 10.12.6

thanks to let me know

macOS 10.12 is not officially supported by Audacity 3.0.0.
If you decide to try it, you are welcome to post back and report if / how well it works for you.

System requirements (officially supported) for macOS are listed at the bottom of the download page: Audacity ® | Download for Mac OS

Hello,

I have unusual experiences with 3.0.0 under different, now unsupported systems:

• it still works fine (so far) under 10.11.6;

• it doesn’t even launch under 10.13.6 and 10.15.7 (see screenshot of the later; I don’t think translation will be necessary).

On the download page (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/) it still says 10.7 - 11.2, which should say 11.13 - 11.2, right?

And on the legacy page (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/legacy-mac/) you write of Lion 10.07.

Thank you,
Delphin
audacitywrongsystem.jpg
Audacity.jpg

hello delphin

the version 3.0.0 until now work fine with this version .
Screen Shot 2021-03-21 at 10.02.14 AM.png
the way i use it , the composition is done step writing with " sibelius " then i use audacity for the mix .

cordialy

Hello,

3.0.2 works fine on 10.11.6 and 10.13.6. (We don’t run 10.15 anymore.)

So I can confirm what’s writen on the legacy-page: working even though not supported.

Greetings,
Delphin

I’ve got macOS 10.15.7 and Audacity 3.0.2 runs just fine.
– Bill

hello

some time mix up with the short cut " Command + S "
assigned to saving , and instead of saving , show me the keys binding location on the preference page

cordialy

Have you tried Tools > Reset Configuration ???

hello

where is this tools " reset configurations " i do not find it .
but maybe you mean " re-import configurations ." on keybrds short cut .

thanks to let me know

Assuming that you are using the current “Audacity 3.0.2” (If not, get it here and install it: Audacity ® | Downloads)
The “Tools” menu is in the main Audacity menu bar, (on macOS, that’s at the top of the screen), immediately after the “Analyze” menu.

hello

mac book pro sierra 10-12-6 Adcty 3.00

• after i reset configurations / and add a short cut " Shft + Cmd + S" assigned to Backup project " and not " save project as "
    i get an nornal aup3
    but
    say the score is " aup 20 " , and i backup as aup 21 , it backup ok , but !
    do not automatically up date the score to " aup 21 "
    to get aup 21 i have to re-install the whole score .

• when i use " save project as " i get this see attachement .
    i do not understand the meaning of this message .

I would highly recommend that you update to Audacity 3.0.2 as it fixes some known bugs that are in Audacity 3.0.0.

What do you mean by “score”?

this i means by score [ attachement ]
Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.08.32 PM.png

i installed 3.0.2 ok

• i got the same
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.26.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 4.26.29 PM.png
    what does it mean ??

• and the same
    normal backup aup3 but do not actualise the saving on the top of the screen… is gloo-gloo- fini + 85
    the last backup is gloo-gloo- fini + 88

• general donations not possible out of paypal or crypto ?

Yes, that is intentional.

Save Project As…

After a standard “Save Project As…”, the project that you are currently working on is the project that you have just saved.
So, for example, if you are working on a project called “Aud20.aup” and then “Save Project As…” and save it as “Aud21.aup”, then the “Aup20.aup3” project is closed, and you are now working on the freshly saved “Aud21.aup”.

“Save Project As…” is useful when you want to copy or rename a project.

One thing to be careful of when using “Save Project As…” is that it only saves your changes to the NEW project, not to the original project.

Backup Project…

This is different from “Save Project As…” in that you can continue to work on the original project.
For example, if you are working on a project called “Aud20.aup” and then “Save Backup…” and create a backup copy called “Aud21.aup”, then the “Aup20.aup3” project remains open, and you are still working on the original “Aud20.aup”.

“Save Backup…” is useful when you want to make a backup copy of the current state of your project.

One thing to be careful of when using “Save Backup…” is that it only saves to the BACKUP project. It does NOT update the AUP3 that you are currently working on.

It is just informing you that you are saving an “Audacity Project”, not an “audio file”.
You can safely tick the “Don’t show this warning again” button so that it does not pop up in future.

a DEEP thanks bow ! for thoses clean and clears informations .