No stereo recording

Hi,
I use mac Big Sur 11.2.1. I hav the latest version of Audacity 2.4.2.
I have checked all the possibilities there is for sound and recording on both my mac and audacity preferences, and I dont have the option of choosing stereo channel at all.
Can you please help me here?
Best regards, YPG

Are you able to record in mono?
What are you trying to record, and what equipment are you using?

Same problem here. I don’t have any option to switch to stereo, just the mono option.

My config is Deck (technics 1210) to mixer and from there to Audacity.

Can anyone help with this issue?

Cheers!

If that is a USB / firewire or thunderbolt device, look in Finder: “Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup”.
In the “Input” tab, ensure that the technics 1210 is set to record stereo.

Then restart Audacity, and in the Device Toolbar, select the technics 1210 as the recording device and the number of recording channels to “2 channels (stereo)”.

If it is not a USB / firewire or thunderbolt device, do the same for whatever device you are using to connect the deck to the computer.

I have to say that is not working. Both decks (also a digital controller) go through a Pioneer mixer that I use to record my radio show. Tried through both USB C ports and the microphone input, none of them can record on stereo in Audacity, i have no option to switch anywhere after rebooting computer and Audacity. Displayed just one option: “Mono 1 recording channel”.

Is there anymore options to try to?

Thank you!
d.

Was that in “Audio MIDI setup”?

No, that’s in the Audacity toolbar. No other options to switch to stereo in any of the inputs :-/

If that is a USB / firewire or thunderbolt device, look in Finder: “Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup”.
In the “Input” tab, ensure that the technics 1210 is set to record stereo.

Not an option in my computer. Attached a screenshot, sorry it’s in Spanish.
Captura de pantalla 2021-04-15 a las 19.06.29.jpg

What is the mixer? Is it one of these: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Mmm… no, it’s a professional mixer: https://www.pioneerdj.com/es-es/product/mixer/archive/djm-750/black/overview/

Have you installed the latest drivers for that mixer? For Big Sur you need the “Version3.0.0” drivers (updated 04/Feb/2021)

Yes, I did it yesterday. Unluckily issue continues.
Captura de pantalla 2021-04-16 a las 9.14.05.jpg

Audacity records from the computer’s sound system, and the sound system is showing (in “Audio MIDI setup”) that the device only has a “left” input channel, so that’s all that Audacity sees.

There may be a switch somewhere on the mixer to select mono / stereo, or there may be a fault with the mixer. I’m not familiar with that mixer, so your best chance of finding / fixing the problem is likely to be either the mixer’s user manual, or Pioneer support.

Right, seems it’s a Macbook Air issue. Just left channel receives sound, 2 channels out, 1 in. Pretty ridiculous considering it’s not a cheap computer.

Thanks!

Changed my Mac, now working on a Pro and the problem persists. Seems not an issue from the Air set up. Is there anything else you would recommend to check out?

Try doing a “factory reset” of your DJM-750

Not working either. Looks like I have no other option than recording in digital and end my relation with Audacity :frowning:

What do you mean?

Ableton / Traktor or similar