connecting to my desktop

Hi i’m have a new desktop Mac running Catalina 10.15.6 and audacity 2.4.2. I used to use back in the days this program, but it has changed a bit. Im having problems connecting my DJ mixer to the desktop. I have RCA cables connected from the session out on the mixer to the plug in the back of the desktop. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO TO HAVE IT READ IT ON AUDACITY. WHEN I GO TO THE RECORDING DEVICE IT ONLY SHOWS Imac Microphone, no other option. Record channel shows only 1 mono recording channel. Please if someone can help. I have tried looking in Youtube but no luck.

The older machines had an actual stereo input connection.

The newer machines have…something else.

I use a Behringer UCA-202 to connect my sound mixer to the newer macs—or anything else.

Any of the variations will work. UCA-202, UFO-202, UCA-222.

The problem has been that Behringer shut down for the sickness and the adapters are hard to get.

Sweetwater Sound in the US is back-ordered on all of them.

I think the best you can do is a mono connection through the headset jack. Consult your instructions or Google your brains out.

Koz

If you do get a sound connection, check that it’s not Left-Only. That’s what a headset connection generally does. It’s not mono mix between Left and Right.

Koz

Another nasty caution. These tiny USB Audio Adapters or similar aren’t stereo, either. Most of them are mono microphone and stereo headphones.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 16.00.50.png
Koz

New desktop Macs do not have a line input. The jack you have connected to is the headphone jack.
– Bill

I tried using my sound mixer Harbinger from Guitar center. I went output of the Rane 72 to the sound mixer and out to the 1)headphone input and nothing then 2) to the tiny adapter you mentioned to usb and nothing also. YIKESSSSSS