Export multiple odd behavior with multiple tracks

Hi,

Running 2.2.2, project is 32/48.

I’m mastering a live recording, with a stereo track that has labels delimiting songs.

I’m using a workflow for manual parallel compression, so end up with 3 stereo tracks: the original stereo track, one with compression, and a third that’s the mix and render of the first two.

When I finish and go to export multiple, I select the render track and the label track. I end up with a couple of output files, each the length of the entire recording.

I can fix by deleting everything but the render, exporting, then undeleting, but that seems a poor workaround.

I figure this is user error, and would appreciate help in resolving.

TIA!

end up with 3 stereo tracks: the original stereo track, one with compression, and a third that’s the mix and render of the first two.

One above the other or one after the other?

Koz

You may have chosen the export multiple option which creates files based on tracks rather than based on labels …

You should just be able to mute the tracks that you don’t want exported and then use Export Audio or Export Selected Audio to get the the required mix, as muted tracks are not exported

See this page in the Audacity manual: https://alphamanual.audacityteam.org/man/File_Export_Dialog#Exporting_multiple_tracks_as_a_single_file

You cam mute and solo tracks from their Track Control Panels at the left of their waveform displays.

Please note that this is the 2.3.1 alpha Manual as I had to make a small correction to the text which failed to make sense formerly.

WC

Thanks very much everyone, my issue was with the selection of how to delimit export. With multiple tracks, Audacity defaults to splitting by track rather than label.

Until now, I’ve only had one stereo track in the project when exporting, so delimit by labels was selected.

Great help, much appreciated!