Exporting stereo

Hello,

I am having some difficulty exporting a stereo file from audacity on a Mac. I have a stereo track in Audacity and what I’ve done is “Generate Silence” on the left channel at some portions and generate silence in the right channel at other portions. The issue is that when I play back the song and listen though just one side of headphones, I can hear both tracks. Though generally the track not corresponding to the headphone earbud that I’m using is quieter. How can I export the left and right audio completely separated so that the left channel never bleeds into the right channel and vice versa.

I’m being careful to export as a stereo file as well and to assign each channel accordingly. But still, I get significant bleed through between the two channels.

Thanks,
FB
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 10.49.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 10.45.12 PM.png

I remember that. I had a computer to check once that failed audio specifications right and left. Severe bleed-through between the channels. Turns out someone left “Cathedral Effects” running on the soundcard when they delivered the computer.

Does it do that if you play it on several different players or computers?

This is a known good 39 second channel test. “This is my voice on the left.”

http://www.kozco.com/tech/LRMonoPhase4.wav

Can you play it?

Koz

Oh wow, that’s interesting. Thanks Koz. I haven’t been able to check yet, but I certainly will. Cathedral effect is not something I can turn off on my Mac is it?

Thanks for the reply.

Quentin