Issue with Sound stopping while recording in Audacity

Help for Audacity on macOS.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity on macOS 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
stephenwhite68
Operating System: macOS 10.15 Catalina or later

Issue with Sound stopping while recording in Audacity

Post by stephenwhite68 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:47 am

I am trying to run my DJ controller into Audacity and record the mix.
I have found that when I start recording in Audacity it stops the audio from my DJ Controller so that I cant hear anything playing but if I check my recording it has recorded successfully.

Any ideas what is wrong and how I can fix it so that I can hear the audio while recording.

Thankd

jademan
Operating System: Windows 10 / 11

Re: Issue with Sound stopping while recording in Audacity

Post by jademan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:25 pm

stephenwhite68 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:47 am
I am trying to run my DJ controller into Audacity and record the mix.
You would think that Transport > Options > Software Playthrough and specifying your output device in the Device Toolbar would work.

Many users have found these controllers to be a little tricky. Let me suggest if the above doesn't work, then do a search on "Pioneer Rekordbox" both here and on google.

Post back what you find. If you are still unsuccessful, please post specific details.