The Audacity ACX Check plugin no long will load

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

The Audacity ACX Check plugin no long will load

Permanent link to this post Posted by NilaJean » Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

I had to do an erase, upload (gawd I hate how often Apple says "this is the only and best solution")of my operating system, so all extraneous software apps, and some intimate internal ones, like Office, POOF!

So I download Audacity, again (as I have so many times before), I search out the plug ins I use, RMS Normalize, De-clicker, ACX Check (my go to stand by very favorite one for EVERYTHING),.....multiple downloads of ACX Check from the manual link, yes, I renamed it without ".txt", it WILL NOT LOAD!!! This plug in saved me hours and hours of guessing. What's up with that Audacity!!!????? I WANT THAT BACK!!!

NJ
NilaJean

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Re: The Audacity ACX Check plugin no long will load

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun May 06, 2018 3:57 am

I had to do an erase, upload

You lost me. Are you having to initialize your whole machine regularly? That's not normal. You have a sick puppy there. Time to visit the Genius Bar.

Finder (upper left) > Preferences > Advanced: [X] Show all filename extensions (select).

Now back to the plugn. Does it look like this?

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 20.58.53.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 20.58.53.png (8.35 KiB) Viewed 139 times

Here's my copy.

Koz
Attachments
Acx-check.ny
(9.01 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun May 06, 2018 4:18 am

I have a folder called Installers-Keys-Settings. It had copies of all my installers and plugins. That's where I got Acx-check.ny from. I didn't download it cold.

In addition to normal Time Machine backups, I make separate copies of /Users and /Installers-Keys-Settings folders. If my machine falls over, I have access to almost all of my work and program installers and plugins, whether or not I have a new sister machine to replace the old one with Time Machine.

The only down side is extra space on the backup drive.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Sun May 06, 2018 4:25 am

Also remember after you drop the file into the plugins folder, you have to Add Remove Plugins in Audacity. I know you know this, but to cover everything, ACX-Check shows up in Analyze, not Effects.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Permanent link to this post Posted by nickybail » Tue May 15, 2018 10:36 pm

I just undated Audacity, I have ACX Check in the plug-ins folder, but it doesn't show up when I click Add/Remove Plug-ins. It's nowhere on that list. I deleted and re-downloaded both Audacity and ACX Check, stuck in back in the plug-ins folder and looked again, but it's not showing up. What am I missing?
nickybail

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Return to Mac OS X